Work Starts on the Petanque Terrain
Initial preparation has begun on the Petanque Terrain with a team installing the boards around the perimeter of the old west green.
This has saved an estimated $4000 from the original estimated construction cost of the green.
Plumbing and cabling have now been laid to take services across to the centre of the terrain where the rotunda will eventually be built.
Our ambition is to become the major club on the Mornington Peninsula and we will eventually end up being able to offer:
- Twenty four championship lanes, 4 metres x 15 metres (approximately)
- Four different playing surfaces.
- Wheelchair access to all playing areas.
- Licensed Clubhouse with commercial kitchen, seats 110 people
- Plenty of parking
- Shelters & seating on all four sides
- Toilets next to Terrain
- Beach, cafes & restaurants, 2 minute drive
- 9 metre square central Rotunda, to be constructed
Construction is planned to commence late January 2021 with completion by the end of February. It should be Tournament ready for State, National and International events, hopefully in March